Indoor Ag Science Café explores better root-rot disease management – Urban Ag News
“Low-pH hydroponic nutrient formula for growing leafy greens for better root-rot disease management“
by Dr. Chieri Kubota (Ohio State University)
This presentation ’Growing leafy greens with a low-pH hydroponic solution for root-rot disease management” was given by Chieri Kubota (Ohio State University) during our 49th café forum on February 7th, 2023. Indoor Ag Science Café is organized by the OptimIA project team funded by USDA SCRI grant.
- Indoor Ag Science Café is an open discussion forum, planned and organized by OptimIA project team.
- OptimIA (Optimizing Indoor Agriculture) is a project funded by USDA Specialty Crop Research Initiative and supported by many of you receiving this email (thank you!).
Check out our previous cafés in our Indoor Ag Science Cafe page on the OptimIA website!
Indoor Ag Science Cafe is organized by the OptimIA project team funded by USDA SCRI grants program.
Previous café recordings are available in the OptimIA project website.
Please contact for more info: [email protected]
- March 28th (Tuesday),11 AM Eastern – Michigan State OptimIA Research Showcase by Nathan Kelly, Jiyong Shin, and Devin Brewer (Michigan State University)
- April 25th (Tuesday), 10AM Eastern – “Optimizing Productivity of Plant Made Pharmaceutical under Indoor Controlled Environment’” by Dr. Ryo Matsuda (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- May 9th (Tuesday), 11AM Eastern – “Climate-smart Credentialing of New CEA Employees by Resource Innovation Institute” by Rob Eddy (Resource Innovation Institute)
- June 20th (Tuesday), 11AM Eastern – “Growing Culinary Herbs under Controlled Environment’” by Dr. Christopher Currey (Iowa State University)
Interested in giving a talk to share your thoughts and experiences? Please contact us!
- July 15-18, 2023: Cultivate’23 Annual Conference and Trade Show in Columbus, OH [More information]
- July 15, 2023: OptimIA at Cultivate’23 “Essentials of Hydroponics Production: A tHRIve Symposium” [More information]
- July 19, 2023: OHCEAC 2nd Annual Conference “Advancement of Sustainable Controlled Environment Crop Production Sciences and Technologies” in Columbus, OH and online [More information]